Saturday, June 27, 2009

Caleb's Birthday

Caleb of course woke up early like any 5 year old would on his birthday and came and snuggled with me in bed. I sang happy birthday to him (with morning breath!) and then told him that he had presents waiting on him downstairs. Dan was out of town helping his dad haul hay and sell cattle so he wasn't there to join us. We went down stairs and he starting ripping the paper of his presents. He got a watch, a leapster reading system, a sweet little puppy he named Chance (our old dog's name was Chance), and a....


with 4 praise and worship CD's. As you can see below, my little bag heads love to boogie to the beat!
I cooked Caleb pancakes for breakfast with 5 candles in it and sang to him again!! Then we went to Chick-Fil-A to eat lunch (he got a free ice cream and a balloon). Later on that afternoon he started complaining of a sore throat and was running a slight fever so I cooked him macaroni and cheese and then afterward he had this...

a five candle cupcake!!
I allowed him to stay up until 9:30 with me so we could watch "So You Think You Can Dance?" together. We snuggled on the couch and then I carried my big boy up the stairs and tucked him in. What a great day we had...besides the sore throat which by the way...didn't last that long!

0 comments: