Saturday, April 18, 2009

Garage Sale Find



Yesterday I took the kids to the park and before hand I had sent out a text and message on facebook to several friends to see if they wanted to join me. I got a relpy back from my friend Leah and she said that she wasn't going to be able to make it since she was having a garage sale. She said that her neighborhood was having a big sale and that I should go check it out. I told her that I would come by and get her son and take him to the park and check out the sales in her neighborhood while I was at it. I only had $13.00 on me so I wasn't sure what I would find. I went by a house that had a couple pieces of furniture so I stopped and got out. I found a game of Clue Jr. for Caleb for a $1.00 and there under a bunch of stuff was this little table and two chairs. It had $15.00 on it! I held out my cash and said all I have is $13.00 and she took the cash and said I could have the game and the table set! I was so excited.

I have been needing a small table for out living room for the kids to do crafts and snacks on. I also had gotten...get this...an email and a call all in one day from two friends that want me to paint a play table for their kids. I saw this table and thought it would be a great opportunity for me to practice! The table and chairs are a little bit beat up and well used but it is solid wood and very sturdy! Looks like I will be working on this next week!

2 comments:

Kelsy Vannaman said...

How exciting to find a kids table at a garage sale! And maybe its a sign that you should paint some friend's tables... haha! You are so talented, Katie!

Bridget said...

I am excited to see what it will look like when you are done!!!!