Thursday, August 06, 2009

No new pictures...

Can you believe it?? I dont' have any new pictures to post. We have been so busy with things here that I haven't even taken a picture in over a week! I started back to the gym AGAIN this week only now I am not getting up at 5:00 am to go. I decided the only way to stay consistent is to actually go at an hour during the day when I will be awake and alert! I have been taking Caleb and Ariel with me at 8:30 in the morning and they seem to like it there. I was never a fan of their childcare but they have gotten better since I used them last. They actually remembered my kid's names from the last time I was there! Once Caleb starts school Ariel will be in there on her own so I hope she continues to do well since she, at times, has a hard time with me or Dan leaving her in childcare at church.

What are the kids doing??

Ariel...
She is starting really talk now...like all the time! She says some of the silliest things! For instance, when I ask her do some thing, like go potty or pick up a toy she will look at me and say "Oh Pook-ay!" and then go do what I asked. Not sure where she got that...probably from big brother! She is eating really well. She loves, cottage cheese and grapes, although she tends to want to snack on cookies all day...she gets that from me :)! She has not been able to keep dry pants consistently for over a month now so we set a timer when we are at home to go off every 50 minutes and that seems to do the trick. I guess she just forgets to go! She is showing interest in dancing and twirls like a little ballerina all over the house. We will probably get her in dance next fall if she is still interesed. She loves to play dress-up now and playing "mama" with her babies. She is a girl thru and thru!

Caleb...
He is starting kindergarten in 13 days!!! Yes, I am old enough to be a mom to a kindergartener...CRAZY!!! He is so excited to go! Last night after church we drove by his school (Central Park Elementary) so that I could take a look at a list they had posted to see who his teacher is. Her name is Miss Stamps. Don't know anything about her but open house is on the 17th and Dan and I will take Caleb to meet his teachers and drop off his school supplies. His new favorite movie is Shark Boy and Lava Girl. It's a movie that comes on Disney every once and a while and he imitates them and builds "lava walls" all the time to keep his sister away from him. I got him a little devotional bible last week called "God's Mighty Warrior" and he reminds me every morning that we have to do our devotion. He loves Jesus and that is VERY evident in his daily living! He not only will be starting school this fall but he will be moving upstairs at church to grades K-5 and he is SO excited to get out of the preschool area. The program that they have up there is called Kid Konnect and is a high energy, praising God, program! And Caleb will be starting soccer this fall as well. We don't know when his first game will be but Dan is planning on coaching his team. I am sure there will be pictures to post once the season gets kicked off.

Ok I am off to clean my house!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Great post Katie! I have missed you on here! I just love your kids and they were SO good the other day at the pool!! So fun being with all of you guys, I can't wait until the next play date!