Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentine's Day with Dan

On Friday, I took the kids to Eureka to meet Dan's mom so she could have the kids for the weekend. Once the kids were in her truck I felt some much needed freedom! I enjoyed my drive back from Eureka by myself with MY music cranked up as loud as I could stand it and with the sun setting to my left...it was a very peaceful drive home. Once I got home. Dan was ready to take me out. We went and rented Fireproof and then went to the Promenade to Bath and Body Works to exchange a few things. Then we went to MiMi's to eat. They had a great deal going on there where two could eat for $25.99. You got a huge order of Spinach Artichoke Dip, your meal which was a decent size ( I got asiago parmasan chicken and Dan got some shrimp and mushroom and spinach pasta) and then you got a HUGE order of Brownies with Ice Cream. There was so much food that we were able to take a lot of it home and use it again last night. When we got home Friday night it was around 10:30 and we literally came home and went to bed. We had been so exhausted from last week that we needed some much needed rest.

Saturday morning, I slept until 9:30 and Dan slept until 10:30. I made pancakes and we had coffee and sat around for nearly an hour just talking. He had to make a few phone calls and I went and took a shower. Then we watched Fireproof together. That movie has a fantastic message to it! WOW! Dan and I both were in tears a few times. After that we went to Wal-Mart and got a few things for dinner and then came home. We had our leftovers with a salad and some cheesy bread and then we had chocolate fondue afterwards with pineapples, mangos, bananas, and our left over brownie from the night before. Then Dan and I took 20 minutes and sat at the table and wrote letters to each other instead of getting each other cards and then we read them aloud. It was amazing and MUCH better than a silly card! Then we played upwords (a scrabble game) and then we retired for the evening.

This morning I slept in until...get this...12:30!!!! I woke up at 9:00 and asked Dan if he wanted to go to church and we both decided just to stay home. I cannot tell you the last time I slept until 12:30...maybe college?? We got up, had breakfast and then cleaned up the house.

This has been the best Valentine's ever! I am ready to see my kids now and I feel recharged! I will go and pick them up tonight after connection group. Hope you all had a great Valentine's!

0 comments: