Sunday, August 22, 2010

1st day of 1st grade!

This past Thursday (August 19th) Caleb started his first day of 1st grade.  This year school is starting at 7:30 instead of 8:00 due to combining bus routes to save some money.  I got him up at 6:00 and he did pretty well, not too sleepy and was ready to eat a good breakfast (banana bread and oj) and then did his chores, got dressed and did a devotional with me.  I was able to leave Ariel at home with Dan so I could take him into his class, he was a little nervous but once he saw a few kids that he had in his class room from last year, the nerves disappeared! 


I will be watching a friend of ours little girl (Malea) after school each day.  So, I picked Caleb and Malea up from school and they came home, had snacks and played a bit.  I could tell that Caleb was tired.  He kept crying whenever Malea wouldn't play with him.  I layed him down for about 30 minutes and then he got up and his attitude was a bit bettter.  I am sure it will take some adjustment having Malea here everyday but I am sure after a few weeks we will have a schedule down and Malea will just fit right in! 

It's going to be a great year!

1 comments:

Traci Fritz said...

Wow! 1st grade! Kinda hard to believe...