Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Pottery

When I got married I was working at a small gift shop in Fayetteville called the Copper Pig.  I ended up registering there for my showers and for wedding gifts.  My favorite thing that I registered for was my canister set.  I actually received the set as a gift from my hostesses for my wedding shower.  The canister set is made of pottery by an artist by the name of Vicki Carroll and the pattern is called Sil Vous Plait.  Just the set alone cost over $150!  I have always wanted more pieces to go with the set but didn't want to spend $90 on a chip and dip platter. 

There is a local pottery painting shop here in Bentonville called "Crafty Cottage" and one night a few friends and I decided to go and paint some pottery.  I grabbed one of my canisters off my counter before I left so that I could at least try to get some inspiration and try to paint something to match.  I picked out a small tray that I could use for several different things and I also painted a small bowl so that I could use it as a dipping bowl.  The whole set cost me less than $20 to paint and I think it turned out so good!  I was very proud of myself. 


In the pictures you can see the canister behind the platter and bowl...pretty close huh?  I think I will be adding more to the collection soon!

1 comments:

CaseyLew said...

I think you should add more, looks very good!