Saturday, June 18, 2011

Caleb's 7th Birthday!

Caleb, Ariel and I celebrated Caleb's birthday a day early.  I have a wedding that I am photographing today and I love to be able to spend the entire day with him on his birthday and didn't want to miss a minute so we celebrated a day early.  We started the day off getting my haircut.  My kids did such a good job being still and calm while I got my hair done, it was much needed.  After that, we went to IHOP and got a pancake breakfast. 

 Then we went and saw Mr. Popper's Penguins.


I cooked his favorite dinner last  night.  Grilled chicken, homestyle mac and cheese with corn on the cob.  He requested strawberry shortcake  with blueberries for his birthday cake this year.  Here he is blowing out the candles. 


He got a fresh box of crayons for his birthday.  This was his favorite gift of the day!  Who can blame him...I enjoyed them to as I sat in the floor with him last night and colored with him!





Shortly after midnight I crept up into his room and captured my boy in dreamland.  I just love him so much!
Here are a few questions I asked him today...

How old are you?
7
What is your favorite color?
green
What is your favorite animal?
turtle
What is your favorite food?
homestyle mac and cheese
What is your favorite snack?
fruit snacks
What do you want to be when you grow up?
a scientist
What is your favorite book?
A Good Night For Ghosts....Magic Tree House Book
What is your favorite song?
"Living For You"
What is your favorite movie?
Mega Mind
What is your favorite TV show?
Wild Krats
What are your favorite things to do?
Read
What is something you like about Mama?
She loves me. 
What is something you like about Daddy?
He likes to wrestle with me.
What is something you like about Ariel?
We have a fun time together.
If you could have any birthday present what would you want?
My own computer
What's your favorite thing about you?
I am proud of myself for looking out for my family.
What is your favorite bible verse?
"In Him and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence."  Ephesians 3:12
What is your favorite thing to do with Ariel?
Color
What makes you happy?
my family
What makes you sad?
when people upset me
Who is your best friend?
God
What was the best part of your 7th birthday?
Getting presents and having time with my family and having fun.

I love that you have a heart that loves and feels deeply. I love that you notice things that other kids don't.  I love that you cheer me up when I am down. I love that you love your sister and don't get it when other kid's complain about little sisters.  I love that you remind me to slow down and appreciate life.  I love that you always ask me what I think about something.  I love that you ask me to pray for you. I love that you will try any food once. I love that seven years ago, you came into my world and taught me more about myself and how to love deeper and stronger than I ever knew how. You are one amazing 7 year old!  I love you Caleb Cole...you are one amazing little boy!

0 comments: