Saturday, March 01, 2008

Busy Saturday

Yesterday I met Dan's sister in Fayetteville at the mall with both kids at 3:00. We shopped around for a little while and then she took Caleb with her back to Harrison so that he could stay with his Granny for a few days. So today I took advantage of only having one child and did a ton of stuff, I literally was on my feet all day.

Ariel got up at 7:00...this is normal for her now since she is off the paci. She used to wake up at 9:00 and then want a morning nap plus an afternoon nap and then want to go to bed at 7:30 or 8:00. Now she gets up at 7:00 take one afternoon nap around noon after lunch and then is awake until 7:00pm. Anyway, she got up at 7:00 this morning, I put her in bed with me and we watched Tigger and Pooh for about 20 minutes and then I went downstairs. I started cleaning up a little down stairs while Dan made us breakfast (omletes and I had an english muffin with mine). Dan then went and worked on the fence all day. I went upstairs after breakfast and cleaned Caleb and Ariel's room thoroughly (dusted, vacuumed, organized the play room, put laundry away, cleaned out the fish tank) and then just kept on moving upstairs. I ended up cleaning every room from top to bottom (except for mopping the bathroom floors). I did 3 loads of laundry as well and put it all away. I did all this while Ariel insisted on coming behind me and undoing things that I had already done...I am sure all you mom's can relate!

I put Ariel down for her nap at 11:45. I had a meeting at the gym at 1:00 for Fit for a Lifetime just so that our trainer could take our measurements, body fat percentage and weight and show us our new routine of excersizes for the net 6 weeks. I went down 5 percentage points in my body fat and 5 lbs total on her scales. I went to the gym today at 12:15 (I put the baby monitor outside so that Dan could hear Ariel if she woke up) and ran for a good 30 minutes (a little under 3 miles) before being weighed and such and I didn't make it home until 2:20. I then had some lunch and then Ariel and I got out and enjoyed the beautiful weather. We walked a little over a mile and she just sang and clapped her hands most of the way. She loved being outside.

When we got home I scrubbed the downstairs floors on my hands and knees. I just feel as though they get cleaner if I do that, so I do it about every two months. Then Dan and Ariel and I went to Chili's to eat. Now I am sitting in the peace and quiet at 8:30 and Dan is sleeping on the couch. It has been a very productive day!