Sunday, March 23, 2008

Jump Zone

On Friday, the kids and I went to a new place called Jump Zone here in Bentobville. It is comparable to Pump It Up but they have way more things to do there. They have, I think, 7 inflatables, one that was toddler friendly for Ariel and all the others where for kids around Caleb's age.




This is Caleb (and Ariel in the background) playing in the toddler jump area. I wasn't supposed to be in there because there was 75 pound weight limit and yes, I did get in trouble by one of the workers...ooops!
There was a wall that was taller than me all around the toddler area so I had to stand on this bench and look over it to keep an eye on Ariel. She didn't go in there much since I wasn't in there with her, I don't think she knew quite what to do.Outside the toddler jump area there was a place set up with little rocking horses and some toys on the wall to play with. This is where Ariel and I hung out most of the time. She and I did go on a few slides but it was so much work getting through those obstacles to get to the slide that I we only did it a few times. The picture below is of the area where the rocking horses were.


Since I had to hang out with Ariel most of the time, I just let Caleb go. We were there with some other kids that he knew so that helped out a ton. He basically played with them on all the slides and jumpers the whole time. I did have my friend Ranae watch Ariel for me for a few minutes so that I could go on one obstacle with slides with Caleb. I took the camera along and got these three shots. The first one is of me at the top of the slide (with Caleb waiting for me at the bottom) after climbing the wall in second picture. It was so fast, that it took my stomach away and it wasn't even the highest slide! The third picture was Caleb going down it by himself, all you can see is a blur because he was going so fast.


These were the kids favorites:


Ariel's was the gumball moonwalk. It had balls inside that you could throw and she would jump to them and try to pick them up. She loved it as long as there wasn't bigger kids in it. They would usually knock her down, not by pushing, but by just jumping and making her lose her balance.


She felt so proud of herself when she would climb out of the gumball moonwalk all by herself!



This one was Caleb's favorite. It was called the "Kraken" and it was a huge octopus on top of a pirate ship trying to pull it under. The slide was SUPER fast and it was 23 feet up in the air. I couldn't get any shots of it because he went so fast!


We had a ton of fun, I would recommend this to anyone who wants to wear their kids out before a nap! http://jumpzoneparty.com/

0 comments: