UPDATE #2....I got a call from the orthopedic surgeon and I have an appointment for Ariel next Tuesday at 1:30. That is her birthday and I am sad for her. I am also a little upset at myself for not taking her in sooner but I know that I can't do anything about it now. Until then there isn't much that I can do. It will be 15 days since her injury by the time I see the orthopedist and I am not sure what he will say. I am heading to Wal-Mart to get an ace bandage so that I can put it on her leg so that MAYBE she will stay off of it as much as possible. I will let you all know how she is doing in a few days.
UPDATE.....Still no word from the Dr. I called about 30 min ago and left a message with the receptionist to have the Dr. call when she gets in. Ariel is still in pain and is not walking on it much at all today.
Last Monday I took the kids to the neighborhood park down the street. I went down a slide with Ariel and she got her foot caught in between my leg and the side of the slide. She screamed in pain. I kept my eye on it throughout the evening and tried to put ice on it. I gave her Motrin every 4 hours and when that wore off she would definitely let me know that she was in pain. Well, Tuesday and Wednesday of last week passed and she didn't get off the couch or the bed at all. Wednesday evening she started to crawl around a bit but was still not able to walk. I made an appointment to take her in to see the Dr. and to get an x-ray on Thursday morning but when she got up that morning she was walking on it and wasn't in any pain at all. So, I didn't take her in. All weekend long she hobbled on her left foot with no Motrin at all and she didn't complain too much.
Today she wasn't able to walk on it much and when she did she was kinda fussy and cranky so I decided I better go ahead and take her in since it has been 9 days with not much improvement. They took an x-ray and the nurse just called me. She has what is called a toddler fracture in her tibia (shin bone). So it wasn't her foot after all!
The nurse said that she has sent the x-rays to an orthopedic surgeon for him to look at. I should get a call within the next few hours. Not sure at this point if she will need a cast. I would like to think that she wouldn't need one since she is at least walking on it but I am not the doctor and I would rather get a cast so that it won't affect her walking. I will update when I know something.
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Posted by Cole Family at 2:22 PM