Thursday, January 06, 2011

Mommy Son Date Night/Weekend!

 Around the beginning of December, Dan took Ariel to Harrison with him so she could have some alone time with Granny.  I had a Date Night planned with Caleb and a couple of other girls and their son's on that Friday night.  We went to Madd Pizza and played video games and ate pizza and then we went to Fast Lanes and went bowling.  We had such a good time!

Here is a picture of all the boys!


I just love this boy!

Skee-Ball...my fav!

That night after tucking Caleb in bed.  I was on facebook and I had a friend post that she had two free tickets to go see Yogi Bear in 3D.  I told her that I was interested and low and behold we were able to use them.  Yogi Bear hadn't been out in the theaters yet so this was a treat!  Caleb and I went to the movie early on Saturday morning in Fayetteville and then went to Burger Life to have lunch together.  Afterwards, I had to go to Wal-Mart and purchase some gifts for a little baby that we adopted in my small group of 6th grade girls that I teach on Sunday mornings.  He and I had a blast picking out all the baby toys for this sweet little girl.  We then came home and wrapped all the gifts and watch The Polar Express.  We had dinner plans that night with my mom.  We went to Abuelo's and then went and looked at Christmas lights around town. 

The next morning, I had to go to church and teach my 6th grade girls.  Caleb went to his class and then my plan was to sit with him during church service.  I went to get him from his class and he didn't want to sit with me. He wanted to be with his friends in his classroom.  What a reality check!  The boy is growing up!

After service, I had a leaders luncheon to go to for youth and Caleb came and ate with me. Then we went home and he watched a movie in his room while I cleaned up the house a bit and watched It's a Wonderful Life (and fell asleep...I always do that.  Can't say I have ever seen that movie all the way through!).  That night Caleb and I went to see our "Prepare the Way" performed at our church.  This is our annual Christmas Program that allows the congregation to hear all of the wonderful talents in our church. It was wonderful! 

Caleb and I were so hungry when we got out of the Christmas Program so we went to Mama Fu's and had one last dinner together.  That night, I got him in bed early and then shortly after, Dan and Ariel came home.  It was an awesome weekend that I think Caleb and I will never forget. 

And no, I didn't take that many pictures.  Caleb gets so tired of getting his picture made that I didn't want it to interfere with us just spending time together. 

0 comments: