Friday, June 20, 2008

Father's Day weekend

We had a great Father's Day weekend. Dan's mom and I payed for Dan to take Sunday off of his paper route (Thanks Casey!!) so that he could go to Harrison for the weekend with us and sleep in on Sunday.

On Saturday we went to Harrison to see Dan's parents. We got there around noon and had some lunch and then we got the canoes together to go floating on the Buffalo. We decided to float an area which we had never been too before, Carver to Mt. Hershey. Mt. Hershey was a sight...let me tell ya. We had to travel on a dirt road for 8 miles to get to the river and on the way we passed two park rangers who had two guys in handcuffs that were WAY intoxicated...they even ran their truck into the tree that they were standing by. NICE!! We ended up having a great float once we got on the river. I was in a canoe with Dan, and Dan's sister, Amy, and their Dad, Lynn were in the other canoe. Dan's mom stayed behind with the kids.

That night we went back to Dan's parents and had dinner and then went to bed...well everyone but me. We had the kids in the same room so every little sound that they made, I made a mad dash in their room from ours so they wouldn't wake each other up. Not too mention, since we were sleeping upstairs it was a bit warm so we had the ceiling fan going in our room and the globe on the fan kept clanging....DROVE ME NUTS!!! I ended up sleeping on the floor in the kids room at 3:00...yes that is when I fell asleep! And THEN Ariel got up at 6:15 ready to play and of course Caleb had to get up too! Thankfully Dan's mom took over around 7:00 and Dan and I were able to sleep until 9:00...his sleep was uninterrupted because he was in the other room mind you!

We went to Olvy Bible Church on Sunday morning (about 50 total in attendance). It is a church that Amy has been attending for a while. I really enjoy going to the small home town churches every once and a while, but I don't think that I could every Sunday now that I am so used to going to such a big church.

After Church we went to Amy's house to eat lunch. We had ice cream cake afterward that had a fish on it for Caleb's birthday...he loved it! Then Dan and I took the kids back to his parents house. Ariel refused to take a nap but I laid down beside her and she finally dozed off and so did I! Caleb, Dan, Ariel and I all slept for about 2 and a half hours! It was a great lazy afternoon. We went home that evening and got in around 11:00. It was great being around the family this past weekend!
Eatin' Watermelon at the River.

Amy and Ariel

Ariel eatin' watermelon!

Sweet Picture of Ariel and Dan

Dan and I on the canoe

Amy and Lynn on their canoe

View of the river (the water was kinda merky...I didn't swim!)

Nothing like catching fireflies in your jammies after a bath! Granny got him a bug catcher for his birthday, it has a latch to it that keeps the bugs inside thankfully. He wanted to sleep with the fireflies next to his bed that night!

Family picture before church

Aunt Amy and her niece and nephew!

The kids giving the chickens LOTS of food!

Ariel and Grandad in the chicken coop looking at the chickens!

Birthday boy and his ice cream cake!


Mandy said...

I had that same bug catcher in my cart to get Caleb when I called you and asked about the art stuff. Ha!