Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas in Dallas 2009 Part 2

By the way...this is my 400th post!!

On Tuesday night we decided to go look at Christmas lights in Farmer's Branch. We did this last year and it was so much fun! My dad was able to get all 8 of us in his suburban! I was in the back with Allison and Caleb, Debbie and Les were in the middle with Ariel and my dad and grandma were in the front. We first went to look at lights in town and then we went to North Carrollton to look at a house that we saw last year. Apparently they add more and more lights every year so we wanted to see what new things they had! It was so pretty and we all took pictures in front of the big blue tree and the kids got candy canes from Santa.So, as I said before, all 8 of us were in one was about 70 degrees outside and I was sitting in the back. I could not get cooled off as we were heading home. We were about 5 minutes from my aunts house and I started feeling REALLY nauseous...I mean REALLY! I haven't ever been the type of person to get car sick at all but that night was a different story. I seriously thought that I wasn't going to make it home! I did though...thankfully and as soon as the suburban stopped and I was on solid ground I felt so much better! I don't think they will be letting me ride in the back anymore though! I think my step-mom was afraid that I was going to get sick in her hair!

The kids and I left on Thursday. At 8:00 that morning I get a call from my mom asking me if I was on the road yet because there was a big winter storm on its way. I had just gotten up and hadn't even fed the kids breakfast yet!! I packed as fast as I could because I didn't want to have to drive in bad weather with the kids. My dad came over to my aunts house at 8:45(he and Les stayed at my Grandma's so we would all have enough room) and the first thing he said to me was, "You need to get one the road looks bad!!" Thanks parents for scaring me!!!
I am kidding...I needed the push to get me out the door! The kids did great on the ride home. My aunt packed us PB&J's for the ride home so we wouldn't have to waste an hour in a restaurant eating. The weather was cold...REALLY cold and rainy. Not the best driving conditions but it was better than sleet and snow! The kids and I made it home a little after 4:00 and by 6:00 it had already started snowing. We got home just in time!


CaseyLew said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. So glad you were able to make it home safely!

Mandy said...

I was SO scared reading your story about getting car sick. I was just waiting for it! Seriously, I started shaking. (Only you would believe me!) It sounds like you guys had a great time...and stayed busy!